Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

West Pier Lighthouse, Whitehaven
#1

The West Pier Lighthouse (pictured) was completed around 1839, and officially opened in 1841. The white tower with red trim is built into the breakwater which has two levels, joined by cases of 17 steps. The lighthouse is 14 metres high in total, but the full height of the tower can not be seen from the sea, because the breakwater wall is several metres taller on the seaward side. It is a simple stone lighthouse with glazed lantern and ogival cupola.

[Image: Mk2yN6Cl.jpg]

Sean @ Little Ireland.
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Latest News Headlines From Little Ireland: